Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

My New Soaps- Lavender Soap, Peppermint Soap, and Chamomile Calendula Baby Soap

    I try to create at least a couple new soaps every week, (not always an easy thing with 5 kids).  This last week I created Lavender Soap, Peppermint Soap, and Chamomile Calendula Baby Soap.

Lavender Soap - This soap was made with my basic soap recipe. I added Lavender fragrance and Ground Lavender Buds. It smells so good, and the bits of lavender give it a very natural looking appearance.











Peppermint Soap- The Peppermint Soap is made with my Basic Soap Recipe, except I replaced the water with peppermint tea and added dried peppermint and peppermint essential oil at trace.  This soap turned out a beautiful tea color with specks of brown and orange.  I think its beautiful, and it smells very strongly of peppermint , almost like a good strong cup of peppermint tea.  Great for waking you up in the morning!  I can't wait to give it a try.  This soap is 100% natural.




 


Calendula & Chamomile Baby Soap-  My Calendula & Chamomile Baby soap is made with mostly olive oil.  I used Chamomile tea as the liquid , and added Calendula infused olive oil, dried Calendula petals, and dried Chamomile at trace.  Took a little longer to trace due to the olive oil and longer to get really solid in the mold, but it turned out great.  It is unscented except for the Chamomile tea and Calendula oil.  I love the little pieces of yellow calendula in the soap. It is very mild. Great for babies or for you face.  This soap is 100% natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment